Adam Gravois Images, Austin— Freelance Technical Director
December 2015 - PRESENT
- Sought after for highly desirable skills in updating and creating tools in Python
- Reworking tools to work seamlessly with new software updates
Zebra Imaging, Austin— 3D Artist
July 2015 - September 2016
- Built 3D assets and scenes with 3Ds Max and Maya for hologram creation. Single projects costing $5,000 and a direct to consumer product costing $125 per unit. Projects included built from scratch, modeled and textured, BB8 droid for Disney licensed product
- Worked directly with clients to integrate ideas to create an overall cohesive product (including: Disney, Universal, Colgate, etc.)
- Created python tools which increases productivity
- Baked in lighting techniques for real time rendering high quality game assets
- Created lighting within Octane for five separate 3D environments replicating scenes from the Star Wars movie franchise with Disney’s high standards
- Special effects and particle effects, which included falling snow for Kylo Ren 3D hologram for Disney’s high standards on their licensed product
- Collaborated on LUA scripts to recreate old rendering system. New scripts produced 60% higher quality images
Mirar, Austin— Technical Director
April 2014 - June 2015
- Re-engineered and expanded tools for Mari for low poly asset creation with minimal interaction with the artist.
- Developed new Maya tools to be more user friendly and efficient. Including but not limited to, geometry cleanup, comprehensive UVs, and high poly to low poly conversions. These among others significantly cut down artist time on each assets up to 50%
- Built a tool to open Rhino and run a batch render of a complete animation with one click from the user.
- Composite images with Python Image Library
- Built a tool to run batch render outside Maya which cuts down on scene loading time and composite inside Nuke within the same tool to eliminate the artist’s need to spend hours on rendering and compositing.
- Diagnosed the work process by identifying challenges and developing work flow improvements.
- Fully integrated a logging system to cut down diagnosing time by 30%
- Command Script
- 3ds Max
Art Institute of Austin, Austin, TX
BFA Media Arts & Animation
Graduated 2015 Magna Cum Laude